With growing threats from terrorism, organised crime, trafficking and cyberattacks, defence organisations alone are not fully equipped to deal with the changing risk environment.
This convergence between defence and security is driving demand for new solutions and technologies that enable organisations to share existing information and communication systems while protecting their IT networks and infrastructure from attack.
Focused on Complex Security Requirements
As Europe's leading provider of digital technologies for defence and security, Thales designs, develops and deploys innovative solutions that meet the most complex security requirements.
Thales’s security teams work with government and international agencies, interior ministries, civil security forces, critical infrastructure operators, cities and major companies to develop and deploy integrated, resilient innovative solutions to protect citizens, sensitive data and infrastructure.
Thales solutions secure the four key domains considered vital to modern societies:
- Government : National security, border surveillance, identity management & biometry, etc.
- Cities: Urban security, large events, Smart Cities
- Critical infrastructure: Government sites, oil and gas infrastructure, nuclear power stations, airports, sensitive sites including museums, religious sites, prisons and metro stations
Thales's Added Value
- Our systems integration capabilities for complex large-scale and high value-added systems, and our ability to leverage our customers’ legacy solutions
- Our systems built around the latest game-changing technologies: sensors, networks and information systems security, internet technologies (IP, 4G, etc.), secure cloud computing, data processing algorithms, data fusion, management of large volumes of video, voice, text and data, smart human-machine interfaces and hypervision
- Our international footprint and proven ability to work with local partners worldwide
- Our deep understanding of our customers’ lines of business, based on a leadership position on flagship programmes
- BDSP public security database for France's Gendarmerie Nationale
- Identity solutions delivered in over 25 countries
- Event management system for the G20 Summit in Brisbane
- Mexico City: the world's most ambitious urban security system, incorporating 15,000 cameras
- Airport security systems for Dubai (United Arab Emirates), Doha (Qatar), Muscat and Salalah (Oman), Durban (South Africa), Changi (Singapore), Lisbon and Madeira (Portugal), Pisa (Italy) and Lyon (France)
- Protection of oil facilities for Saudi Aramco in Saudi Arabia and LUKOIL in Iraq
- Site security at new French defence ministry HQ (Hexagone-Balard)
- Qatar’s new commercial port integrated security solution
- Security solutions for Hajj pilgrimage (Mecca)
- A major European leader in cybersecurity: 1,500 cybersecurity specialists. Three cybersecurity operation centres (1 in France 24/7, 1 in the United Kingdom and 1 in the Netherlands)
- Cybersecurity for 19 of the world's 20 largest banks and 9 of the top 10 internet giants
- Critical information system operations and cybersecurity for 130 customers
- World leader in data protection